Lenses - I want them all!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Diffuser, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Diffuser

Diffuser TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think I've spent the last week almost non-stop researching lenses, starting on this forum, going Internet wide around the globe and back here.

Honestly, I had no idea how exciting and addictive this is! Going in endless circles ... What's better, the 24-70mm f/2.8 or 24-105mm f/4, one has supposedly slightly better qualities, but other has IS
    and benefit of longer focus length, but you miss out on the f/2.8. Should I get the 70-200 f/4, then next in doubt with or without IS? In case with IS, might as well consider to go for a 'used' 70-200 f/2.8
    without IS, or do I go the full mile while I'm on it? Heavy, not so heavy, easier, enough, sufficient, as sharp, sport, action, indoors, less daylight, MONEY! ;-)

One thing is for sure, I believe I never learned so much about photography while reading tons of reviews of lenses. And I came across some pretty exciting sites, with very good technical details and explanations.

Truly Amazing! A whole new world opens up.

This is not me asking lens advice, there are enough discussions and food for thought in my head already ... but I want to try them all ;-)

2. Waterboy

Waterboy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    With regard to being obsessed with researching lenses, I can absolutely relate.
    I actually decided to get a Canon 24-70 2.8 L
    It should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to use it.

There are still a few lenses which I believe will improve my photo taking experience.

I've even considered a Sigma 50 and Sigma 85
    They both have some nice features without the need to sell my gold teeth.

Good luck

Scott

3. molested_cow

molested_cow TPF Supporters Supporting Member

WHO DOESN'T!

I'd like to have the Nikkor F2.8 24-70 except I don't like how bulky and heavy it is. Also like to have a 70-200 and a 105mm macro. There's so much to want, but not enough to pay with.
    On the other hand, I don't think lens is what I want to spend my money on now even if I have it. This is just a hobby to me, so I can hold my desires back.

4. DorkSterr

DorkSterr No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
  5. jaomul

jaomul Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    • Like Like x 1
  6. FireRescueFL

FireRescueFL TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I bought the 24-105L and recently traded "up" into the 24-70L since I shoot in low light a lot. Having the extra stop of light is nice but if you ever shoot any video without a tripod, you'll want the IS of the 24-105. The photo quality on both lenses seemed to be even and I do miss the extra zoom and the IS.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

---Chris