Lenses - I want them all!

Diffuser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I've spent the last week almost non-stop researching lenses, starting on this forum, going Internet wide around the globe and back here.

Honestly, I had no idea how exciting and addictive this is! Going in endless circles ... What's better, the 24-70mm f/2.8 or 24-105mm f/4, one has supposedly slightly better qualities, but other has IS
and benefit of longer focus length, but you miss out on the f/2.8. Should I get the 70-200 f/4, then next in doubt with or without IS? In case with IS, might as well consider to go for a 'used' 70-200 f/2.8
without IS, or do I go the full mile while I'm on it? Heavy, not so heavy, easier, enough, sufficient, as sharp, sport, action, indoors, less daylight, MONEY! ;-)

One thing is for sure, I believe I never learned so much about photography while reading tons of reviews of lenses. And I came across some pretty exciting sites, with very good technical details and explanations.

Truly Amazing! A whole new world opens up.

This is not me asking lens advice, there are enough discussions and food for thought in my head already ... but I want to try them all ;-)

With regard to being obsessed with researching lenses, I can absolutely relate.
I actually decided to get a Canon 24-70 2.8 L
It should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to use it.

There are still a few lenses which I believe will improve my photo taking experience.

I've even considered a Sigma 50 and Sigma 85
They both have some nice features without the need to sell my gold teeth.

Good luck

Scott

WHO DOESN'T!

I'd like to have the Nikkor F2.8 24-70 except I don't like how bulky and heavy it is. Also like to have a 70-200 and a 105mm macro. There's so much to want, but not enough to pay with.
On the other hand, I don't think lens is what I want to spend my money on now even if I have it. This is just a hobby to me, so I can hold my desires back.

I bought the 24-105L and recently traded "up" into the 24-70L since I shoot in low light a lot. Having the extra stop of light is nice but if you ever shoot any video without a tripod, you'll want the IS of the 24-105. The photo quality on both lenses seemed to be even and I do miss the extra zoom and the IS.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

---Chris

Most reactions

New Topics

Back