Lenses to shoot bands with

Those are 2 beautiful shots! The 50mm 1.4 is one that I was considering and so is the 70-200 f 2.8. What about the 135mm f 2? Or should I just opt for the other 2 I listed? What lens do you use for close ups?

Thank's i shot those at iso3200 so i could use F4 upto F6.3, for close ups i use my 200mmF2.8L but i think i will be getting the 85F1.8 very soon
I managed to use F6.3 for this shot (50mmF1.4)
497397443_vdtb5-L.jpg

Thank's i shot those at iso3200 so i could use F4 upto F6.3, for close ups i use my 200mmF2.8L but i think i will be getting the 85F1.8 very soon
I managed to use F6.3 for this shot (50mmF1.4)

That depends on your lighting and the position you are in. You have no control of anything other than your own equipment in that situation. You are at the mercy of the person who does lights, how the band moves around. Larger venues tend to have better lighting. A dingy pub will be your worst nightmare.

I photographed last friday at a small pub, the lead guitarist didn't even have a light on him 90% of the time. Work with what you have and around it ;)

I usually use a 55-200 zoom lense. It is by far my favorite. I have recently ordered a prime lens because I need something a little faster sometimes, but my photos come out pretty good. Here is a link if you want to see

Concert Phototgraphy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back