Lenses

Stacy.Bierig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have some lenses to an older Canon. I'm not sure which Canon it is. A friend of mine was going to throw them away, and I couldn't let that happen! I am trying to build up my collection for my Canon Rebel T2i. If anyone is familiar with older lenses and would like to help me figure it out let me know! They have two metal fingers on the back that twist into the camera (from what i can tell). They are in EXCELLENT shape!! I will send pictures if you think you can help! Thanks camera world!!!

I believe these are FD mount lenses. The little fingers are for the older SLR systems. It controls the aperture. Move the metal piece, see if the aperture blades close.

WOOO HOOO!!! Thank you! I am new to the whole photography world and am looking to sell them and buy new ones for my Rebel T2i :)

WOOO HOOO!!! Thank you! I am new to the whole photography world and am looking to sell them and buy new ones for my Rebel T2i :)

Without this being taken as flaming, because that is not my intention. This is the reason why I stayed with Pentax equipment. The lenses are in most areas completely forward and backward compatible

Without this being taken as flaming, because that is not my intention. This is the reason why I stayed with Pentax equipment. The lenses are in most areas are completely forward and backward compatible from film to digital.

My K-mount film primes still work extremely very well with the K DSLR bodies.

Canon and Nikon can not do that. You have to buy new lenses.

Without this being taken as flaming, because that is not my intention. This is the reason why I stayed with Pentax equipment. The lenses are in most areas are completely forward and backward compatible from film to digital.

My K-mount film primes still work extremely very well with the K DSLR bodies.

Canon and Nikon can not do that. You have to buy new lenses.

Nikon AF cameras can use their AI lenses from 1977 on (with varying ease depending on the quality of the body). A large portion of their digital bodies can use these lenses as well.----- just thought you would like to know. :)

Rangefinder cameras and lenses using the M39 lens mount have been made
from the 1930s to the 2000s and are compatible with each other's lenses
made during that period by dozens of manufactrurers. They can also be used
on some other RF cameras via adapters.

And, film SLRs using the M42 mount lens made from 1949 to the 2000s can
use each others lenses which can also be used on many of today's DSLRs via
adapters. :)

Changing the systems of lenses/mounts means more Profit,meaning more new,better quality Gear.am i not correct in saying thats why all companys regardless what they sell do this?

Most reactions

Back