Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
Been to see a friend who is both a photographer AND a proper artist. He also does lots of art on the computer - proper painting with his Wacom Pad, and also photoshopping.
Well, after a 10 minute tutorial, here's my first photoshop Painting of a bee on a flower in my in-laws garden. What do we think?
4719614957_a51af2bc8b.jpg

Well, I immediately think: harsh contrasts. Hard on my old eyes.
Then I think: Dang! This doesn't fully load for me.
Then I think: actually these intense processings should no longer be in the usual photo galleries, but in those extra galleries we have (do we still have one on graphic art, though? I don't quite remember...).

Well, I immediately think: harsh contrasts. Hard on my old eyes.
Then I think: Dang! This doesn't fully load for me.
Then I think: actually these intense processings should no longer be in the usual photo galleries, but in those extra galleries we have (do we still have one on graphic art, though? I don't quite remember...).

I posted it in "Creative Corner" instead, although there it said "all those things that are not photographs"...I couldn't find anywhere else to put it...I did look. :D

That's OK then. Now I can only hope for you that via "New Posts" people will find their way to your graphic creation! :D

On my screen, what is bright is VERY bright, and I find that aspect hard on my eyes. But I must admit that my screen IS quite bright, and an enlarged print of this graphic art would probably not be as bright as it seems here. If I saw a print of this hanging somewhere, I might look ... and look again (which means it's good enough for me to be wanting to look at least twice).

But the screen version actually makes me wonder what the original looked like and if that doesn't hold merits of its own?

But the screen version actually makes me wonder what the original looked like and if that doesn't hold merits of its own?

I can't find my original, but I think the focus was a tad off, but i liked the picture itself, so i tried this with it.

i have since been back to the same buddleia bush in my out-laws garden and took more pics of bees...this is one - same bush, different bee!

4736175601_171140f5d2.jpg

Verrrry nice! :D
So in your OUT-laws garden you can find such beauties (plants and insects)? Cool.
Well, right now you won't be there, or else you'll all be watching THE match in some 35 minutes from now. May the better team win.

Verrrry nice! :D
So in your OUT-laws garden you can find such beauties (plants and insects)? Cool.
Well, right now you won't be there, or else you'll all be watching THE match in some 35 minutes from now. May the better team win.

Ha ha, yes. I'm not much of a football fan, but I'm sure the best team WILL win!

Yes, the out-law's garden has quite a few nice plants and things, and the mother-out-law knows what most are called, which is good, because I never make notes of my photos and have to look them up on google to find out what they are!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back