Let Me Hear It! 4 Pics..

AtlPikMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soulsticephotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its my turn...what do you think, Dont Be Easy...

These two was taken a few weeks ago at a Local Skate Park..
3602174123_2973350578.jpg

3602073273_fbf8d60703.jpg

These are randoms i took this week..

3639574770_83079b7654.jpg

3654626195_5ab4c8a228.jpg

i like the idea of the final one the most. the 'over exposure layer' of the lomo style script (i assume it is an effect?) looks just a bit too strong for me.

It's amazing to see kids these days doing the things they do on skateboards at their age. I love the last two of the black eyed susan and the sunflower although I'm not sure about cutting off some of the petals. Good job though. Love the colors!

44 Views 1 Reply.....:no smile:
That's not too bad.

#1 - First thing I noticed was he was nicely positioned in the frame. Then immediately noticed you cut off his hands. Nice DoF to isolate him from the background, he does pop in the image. A little fill flash would have taken care of the shadow caused by his helmet. I would try to reduce the circular object in the top left third (something on a tree?).

#2 - Good stop action. Shame about the background.

#3 - Not too keen on the composition here. The fly is hardly noticable.

#4 - I thought the sunflower was yelling at me. :) You've blown out some of your yellow and again, I think some fill flash would have been a benefit. I think the vignetting is a little over zealous and needs some feathering so as not to have such a defined edge.

FYI, you can post to an 800 pixel on the long edge. This helps because old eyes like mine needing a bigger image. :biggrin:

wat camera r u using?

D300..
44 Views 1 Reply.....:no smile:
That's not too bad.

#1 - First thing I noticed was he was nicely positioned in the frame. Then immediately noticed you cut off his hands. Nice DoF to isolate him from the background, he does pop in the image. A little fill flash would have taken care of the shadow caused by his helmet. I would try to reduce the circular object in the top left third (something on a tree?).

#2 - Good stop action. Shame about the background.

#3 - Not too keen on the composition here. The fly is hardly noticable.

#4 - I thought the sunflower was yelling at me. :) You've blown out some of your yellow and again, I think some fill flash would have been a benefit. I think the vignetting is a little over zealous and needs some feathering so as not to have such a defined edge.

FYI, you can post to an 800 pixel on the long edge. This helps because old eyes like mine needing a bigger image. :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments. In #1 I knew i got it wrong by cutting his hands off but, i didnt see the distraction to the upper left, good catch.

it good to have another eye look at your work, thanks again..:mrgreen:

i think the one with him in the air is your best shot
clear.gif

I love number 4. Yes I feel it is yelling or singing

Well done

44 Views 1 Reply.....:meh:

Well, either your photos are so amazingly beautiful, nobody knows how to convey the feeling or... they are so atrocious, nobody knows how to tell you without hurting your feelings :lmao::lol::lmao:

What do I think myself? I love 1, 2 and 4. #3 just doesn't do anything for me.

#1 One of the best B&W photos I have seen on this site so far. I feel like this was shot by someone who understands B&W instead of it being a photo that was turned to B&W because the color original was kinda boring... "let's see if B&W will save it."

Beautiful tones (there are details in the dark areas, you have black, you have white); nice lighting, composition, dof, etc. Overall a very nice portrait. But (there is almost always a but) why did you cut off both of his hands? I doubt you did it on purpose but it kills this photo for me.

This kid's parents and family will most probably love this photo in spite of his hands, though.

#2 is just a very nice action shot. Nice light, nice composition (even though if he'd been a bit more to the right and separated from the two people in the back, it would have been better), perfect dof.

#4 I like SonnarSphere's photos and mind so I tried to understand what he said but, no dice. Maybe because I'm too new to digital... Anyway, I love it. The flower is beautiful and in your face but there is a bit more to the image than that. There is great composition, a nicely oof background with the right complimentary colors and the sky is neither too bland nor overwhelming.

Beautiful photo.

Most reactions

Back