Let me present to you: the city of Toronto ....

Nutcracker33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey

back for another one, shot by my friend and I

2624216906_a3bb3c9fa2_b.jpg

it was shot on a tripod so should i use the minimal ISO setting (100) to get the sharpest photo ?? this one was shot with ISO 400

again C&C welcome

enjoy

Tom

nice picture but in IMHO there's too much space on the top

Maybe a zoomed picture or cropped would look nicer?

here is a sample crop from your pic
toronto.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Just a quick tip on photographing at night, there is a short window of opportunity for the best evening light - usually about 45 minutes after sunset (this depends on where the sun sets and your subject - as the sky can be very light ahead and almost black behind.) anyway this would give you a more spectacular sky (as long as not overcast) dark blue/purple yet still capturing all those lights and reflections - only problem is is does limit the number of shots per sun set (usually one!) and shooting for about an hour to get the optimum sky as the light changes every 5 minutes at this time of day (same with sun rise!)

Hope this tip helps if you didn't already know it.:)

example:
IMG_1753.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ I was gonna ask the same thing...it's either taken from Ward's Island, or Polson Pier (aka The Docks).

Snapper Sparkes has a good point re taking shots within a window of time after sunset, but I still quite like this one, with all the lights reflected in the water. Luna's suggestion of a panorama shot would work very well too, as the extra 'sky' at the top of the shot could be cropped out.

It's great you got the CN Tower with it's "Pride" lights, as it rarely displays the full rainbow of colours like that...it's great for adding lots of colour to the shot.

One thing also to watch is that where the water meets the land, it is not level. Can easily be fixed in PP though.

Most reactions

Back