What's new

Let there be light!

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
76
Location
Yakima, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm at that stage where I return to feeling like I have no clue what I'm doing. Luckily, these two shots aren't too bad. What do you think?


Corn Rows by RxForB3, on Flickr


Sprinklers by RxForB3, on Flickr

Personally, I much prefer the first, but would love thoughts on the second, as well.
 
I like the first one more as well. I would have preferred the horizon not being in the center. You may want to crop away some of the fields.
 
The first one is quite good with the exception, as noted, that the horizon is in the centre of the image. As suggested, I would crop some of the field as this will give more importance to the sky and its features and I am guessing that is what you were after.

The second one does nothing for me - as I really don't get the "sprinklers" theme - is it the "yellow" areas(?). It also appears as if the horizon is tilted to the right.

WesternGuy
 
Heh, yes, the sprinklers are the yellow part along the horizon. I'm afraid the processing just didn't work. I should have just scrapped that about instead of trying to force something out of it.

As for the first, cropping the bottom would make it very difficult to distinguish as corn. It seems to me that that would detract from the image, but maybe not?
 
As for the first, cropping the bottom would make it very difficult to distinguish as corn. It seems to me that that would detract from the image, but maybe not?

I agree with others about cropping the foregrounds. The images are really about the light in the sky and the stuff along the horizon. It doesn't really matter what's in the field. The first works better because there's more going on in the sky and on the horizon. I might darken the upper left corner just a bit, not enough so it's obvious you did it.
 
First one is outstanding.... second one is not that good, but not bad either :D
 
I like the first one the way it is. I like the detail in the foreground.

If anything I would do the opposite and crop some of the sky. Like maybe the portion above the horizantal cloud.
 
Thanks for the additional compliments. Here is a crop following the suggestions. I'm not proficient yet with photoshop to darken the upper left easily, so I'll leave that to another day. I agree that it would probably help the image, though...


Corn Rows Crop by RxForB3, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom