Let's assume I have a $600 budget...

I would say a speedlight should be your first purchased (let's assume $350), next will be a 5 in 1 reflector, say a 48" ($125), and lastly a light-stand and reflector umbrella for your speedlight. ($125). Budget spent.

^^^^^what he said.

Doesn't look too bad. Did you end up buying a stand for it, as well?

Here is the link for the one I bought if you want to check it out as well. Ithas gone up $3 since I bought mine, but it still seems like a hell of a deal.

43" 5-in-1 Light Mulit Collapsible disc Reflector 110cm - eBay (item 130365091307 end time Feb-01-11 10:41:25 PST)

Quick shipping, no issues with the transaction.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Doesn't look too bad. Did you end up buying a stand for it, as well?

Here is the link for the one I bought if you want to check it out as well. Ithas gone up $3 since I bought mine, but it still seems like a hell of a deal.

43" 5-in-1 Light Mulit Collapsible disc Reflector 110cm - eBay (item 130365091307 end time Feb-01-11 10:41:25 PST)

Quick shipping, no issues with the transaction.

Nice! Thanks a lot :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone can recommend a light stand and/or a umbrella combo that would work with the Canon 430ex ii?

I'm going to purchase the 430exii and I need to get a light stand and umbrella and reflector... or at least that's what I've decided I need based on advice and such. Anyone recommend something awesome for around $200 for all 3?

you can get all that for way less. Like I said... check amazon for cowboy studio products.

So, forgive my ignorance on the whole lighting thing, but won't I have to have something to connect the flash to the camera if it's not on the camera?

2 - Lumapro LP160 - $160 each - $320
2 - Impact Lightstand/Umbrella/adapter kit - $100
2 - Wireless triggers - cactus - $50
1 - 10'x20' Muslin background - $115
various pvc to make your own backdrop stand - $15

$600. Enjoy.

I dont see the umbrella on the list. Only the holder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back