Let's sit a spell

Ronman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had this photo for a while but it didn't appeal to me until I softened the focus.

ClaytonGA018Soft-1.jpg

for some reason, when i hear "soft focus", i think of that episode of the simpsons, homer gets boudoir photos done and the photographer smears vaseline on her lens..

i don't think the soft focus does anything for the photo.

I don't really like it. The soft focus doesn't add anything for me and the subject and composition are just flat out boring in my opinion.

It's got an eerie nostalgia to it which is interesting, and I agree with you, I don't think this shot would be as interesting in sharp focus. I don't think it's a great shot though and I think you could improve it by adding more of an angle...to the side? if that makes sense. I like the low angle, but to the side some more. I'm not exactly sure how to word that so I hope you understand what I'm saying.

The soft focus is probably the only thing that keeps this shot mildly interesting. This shot is just a group of chairs, not really appealing to me.

Just my opinions.

I think if the shot had been taken from a slightly different angle it might have had more appeal to it and could have stood on its own. As for the soft focus - :thumbdown:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back