Let's talk about back button focus.

I set my d750 to back button-continuous single point. I save this as part of U1 and U2 settings. I leave the non-memory settings with focus on the shutter button for one handed use

This is what I've ended up doing on my D7000 as well. I do it because my wife hates BBF though, so she shoots on aperture priority with focus on the shutter. Gotta love those user modes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use BBF a majority of the time. I still have my 7D mk II set up to focus with the back or the shutter button. BBF took some time to get use to using but it's just sort of second nature to me now.

I use it to start the 3D tracking when shooting dancers

I have tried to use BBF, but because I'm left eye dominant and I do wear eye glasses. I found even without BBF my right hand thumb will often hit my eye glasses while rotating command dial leaving smudges on the glass. Using BBF only doubles that.

Always on BBF and AF de-coupled at the shutter release with AF-C Single Point on my Nikon D7200. The only problem not really a problem but out of habit when I pick up my fuji XT-10, I am reaching for the BBF and that option is not available.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back