Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2739712284_fc83cb17ab_o.jpg

50mm lens
F2
iso 200
1/500sec

That's really nice, excellent DOF with the rain adding to the effect. I think you've gauged the saturation perfectly. Beautiful shot.

THe petal in the middle that is out of focus is really distracting to me and I would have rather focus been closer to that leaf than the ones in back.

That said, I really like the lighting and I like the placement of the flower in the frame of the picture.

I guess what I would ask is what you intend the viewer to look at in this image? The shallow dof has knocked out the frontal peddle. The are some nice water droplets on the flower... but none in focus. It looks as if the center of the flower would be interesting with droplets and colours... but I can't see the center. The story you are trying to tell with this attractive subject is somewhat impeded like going to see a movie and having a tall guy with a hat sitting in front of you.

so my advice is to try different angles... and try different apertures until you find the combination that flatters your subject and draws peoples attention to an attractive focal point....

keep it up...

I kind of liked having the front out of focus. I thought it made it a little more interesting.
Also shot these the same day.
2738909419_36b20d5200_o.jpg

I kind of liked having the front out of focus. I thought it made it a little more interesting.

If it was a concious decision then it wasn't an error, you're shooting for your own pleasure first and foremost. And I liked it. :)

This one doen't grab me so much, interesting DOF but compositionally I think you could do with cropping it a bit.

moovinfastedit.jpg

I also boosted the contrast a bit. I still feel it's missing something though, perhaps there's just too much going on.

Might just be too much in the background. Maybe next time ill turn up the f stop.

I'd like to know how your first image is F0... lol It actually says that in the EXIF data.

I actually kind of like the second one you posted, but I think the DOF on the first one is just way too shallow. Neat blurred background, however.

nice photos. the first one you posted is amazing. The color is perfect and makes the picture great!

Its a manual lens so so maybe thats why?

Oh... maybe a non-CPU lens? I have no experience with that, but I suppose if it didn't pass info to the cam... hmmm...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back