Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon 6D
135mm f2
Ad600 in a Octa
Gelled speedlight

Looking for advice on how to improve.
IMG_6429facebook.jpg

Generally good. Maybe frame this a little bit more-loosely, with a bit more top space above her head? Maybe have her posed a bit differently, with the torso and shoulders turned one way,and the face turned toward the main light? Possibly think about going to a less-orangey and more-yellow side-light gel color? I'm not particularly a fan of white strobe light main and then a very strongly-colored gelled light on outdoor shots...I think your separation light is too colorful, too obvious.

I dunno...the technical and artistic rendering quality of this lens, the Canon 135mm f/2-L, is so wonderful...look at how beautifully that lens draws the face, the hair, the background rendering....so,so dreamy!

You asked for advice on how to improve, but notice that my comments above are posed as questions, not as commands. Perhaps you might want to consider cropping this tighter, and maybe see if there's another type of shot to be made?

IMG_20180727_002323_451.jpg
here is one more

And time for a curve ball.....
IMG_20180726_234821_737.jpg

Generally good. Maybe frame this a little bit more-loosely, with a bit more top space above her head? Maybe have her posed a bit differently, with the torso and shoulders turned one way,and the face turned toward the main light? Possibly think about going to a less-orangey and more-yellow side-light gel color? I'm not particularly a fan of white strobe light main and then a very strongly-colored gelled light on outdoor shots...I think your separation light is too colorful, too obvious.

I dunno...the technical and artistic rendering quality of this lens, the Canon 135mm f/2-L, is so wonderful...look at how beautifully that lens draws the face, the hair, the background rendering....so,so dreamy!

You asked for advice on how to improve, but notice that my comments above are posed as questions, not as commands. Perhaps you might want to consider cropping this tighter, and maybe see if there's another type of shot to be made?
Thanks so much for the reply. Should I be gelling the both of them? And I thought I got a warm well or cto?? But this thing is ORANGE and on the verge of red.

Agree with Derrel on maybe the crop, but that last image is a cracker of a shot.

1 more
IMG_20180727_020015_572.jpg

Most reactions

Back