Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon 6d
135mm f2
Ad600 in a LG octa
IMG_6283.jpg

Pretty young lady. However as with previous young people IMO the skin is slightly over processed and there's something funky about the back lighting was this added post?

Thanks for the feedback. I was trying to learn FS with the mixer brush. The background, it was just a bright and about blown out looking and I tried to warm it up. Is it the colors that are funky?

nice braces. I see braces. back off on focus if you can. wonderful light and separation.

nice braces. I see braces. back off on focus if you can. wonderful light and separation.
Thanks. Whatcha mean by "back off on focus"?? Just so I can use it next time? I'm going to try and shoot again today.
Thank you for your help

Personally I don't mind the braces being tack sharp, actually prefer it, but that's just me, others may not. Given the plane of focus on the braces and the eyes, I'd think it would be difficult to do without opening up wide and going in close to shave your DOF razor thin. One thing where JC has influenced me, is to start working more on getting it right "in camera". Not saying this is your case, but as my editing skills increased, I started finding myself paying less attention to little details behind the camera.

Thanks. Whatcha mean by "back off on focus"?? Just so I can use it next time? I'm going to try and shoot again today.
Thank you for your help

you cooked the focus in post.

Because of their placement in the image, the braces should be in focus; if they weren't it look odd. That said, I have to agree with JC; they're the focal point of the image, which is unfortunate, because the young lady is very attractive and the image is, overall, really well done. My suggestion would be to do a very careful selection of the braces, and then use exposure and contrast adjustments to "tone down" the braces.

Here it is..
IMG_6283-2d.jpg

At this stage.. I will shoot who ever will stand in front of my camera ;) maybe one day she get the braces off and hopefully I will have improved by then.. lol and I can take a banger... Hopefully ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back