jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I witnessed one of life's struggles on my windowsill. Yes, I know, I should probably dust it. The spider is a Triangulate Combfoot, which are generally not harmful to people. On the positive side, if you have these in your house, you probably don't have any Brown Recluse, since the TC hunts BR. I had to use a flash, as it was much too dark for a normal shot. I really need to get a true macro lens.
TriangulateCombfoot2021080401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
In for the kill
TrinangulateCombfoot2021080402 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

There is always that struggle in their world. Their worries are real, unlike ours. I hope you get your macro soon. It’s an interesting world.

Nice shots, Jeff, very interesting! I like #1 best. TFS.
Thank you! I took a dozen or so shots just to get that one. The first six were without flash, and just too dark. I should have swapped out to my 17-50mm f/2.8 for the shots without the flash, but I'd have had to lean in a little closer than I would have been comfortable with. That fly was only about 3/16 of an inch in size.

I like spiders. Never ever kill one deliberately.

I like spiders. Never ever kill one deliberately.
I agree 99%. I'll make an exception for the Brown Recluse, because their venom causes severe necrosis, but with these Combfoot spiders around, I don't have to be to concerned with the BR. Speaking of things venomous, some clown lost their six foot Banded Cobra in a neighborhood south of here.

I agree 99%. I'll make an exception for the Brown Recluse, because their venom causes severe necrosis, but with these Combfoot spiders around, I don't have to be to concerned with the BR. Speaking of things venomous, some clown lost their six foot Banded Cobra in a neighborhood south of here.
FFS. I like snakes too and have one as a pet, just a wee Cornsnake but I don't get idiots who keep venomous ones. At least I can take my one out and handle it. I quite often handle my snake. Titter titter😂

Most reactions

New Topics

Back