Life's simple pleasures (an ongoing thread)

I'm totally burnt out on LIFE right now, and am having a really hard time focusing on my schoolwork, even though finals are in less than a month, and I have LOADS of big projects that I should be working on.

I'm stressed, and I need a way to focus on my work....something I can't do if the internet is at my fingertips. So, I just dusted off my recliner that I've literally only sat on *maybe* 5 times in the 4 or 5 years I've had it (no joke), pulled it over to the open window facing the street (I live on Main Street above a business), set my wooden TV tray next to it to use as a table, and I'm going to sit there, computerless, breathing in the cool night air, and focus on my homework. :)

I feel happy that I've just carved myself out a little relaxing spot in which to concentrate. :)

that sound like a nice place to set and surf the net with your iphone

Shhh!!! Don't put ideas in my head! I'm leaving the iPhone on the desk in it's dock! :p Leaving the laptop in the bedroom on my night table!

T minus 5 minutes til homework time! :p

Getting paid for prints - another £50 for the Hospice!

Getting our house painted in preparation for a move!

I am 25 years old.....

.....and my teacher drew a smiley face on my essay. :lol:

...I think that (and the 100% I got on it) must mean he liked it?

Getting a full night's sleep. Can't get much 'simpler' a pleasure than that!

Today is payday and that always pleases me. :mrgreen:

My purest pleasure in life, however, is my family. I have six children (ages 31, 29, 25, 22, 14 & 13) and three grandchildren (13, 7 & 5). They all live within a 30-minute drive for which I am ever thankful.

After that my biggest sheer dumb pleasure is LSU football games. As we say down here, "There's no place like Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night".

Coastal Redwood forests

It is 75* today. I was able to go outside and play baseball with the boys and my hubby!

My little cousin Nicole is starting to mouth words a little bit! It's not really communication on her own yet, but it's a step! When the physical therapist held out two hotwheels cars today,, she asked Nicole "Do you want the yellow one or the green one?" and Nicole grabbed the green one...she then asked 'which color is that one?" and Nicole mouthed 'green'!!!!!

She also consistently chose the right color when I would hold out a couple of rubber jacks in my hand and asked her to pick a specific one up. :)

I'm so very proud of her. :)

Though it is supposed to be windy, today is supposed to be sunny and SEVENTY-ONE DEGREES OUT!!!!!! How AWESOME IS THAT!?

Most reactions

Back