Light and Shadow...

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As of an hour ago, my little Shadow kitty has seen the bright light, she is now at peace in the kitten's heavens... :cry:

For a short while we thought she is going to make it, her squeaks were quite loud when she was hungry. Yet, the lack of a real mom seems to have killed her, at least that's what the two vets we visited warned us about.

I am really sad, having tried to resuscitate Shadow for about half an hour, without any luck.

Our only consolation, if there is to have one, is that at least she died while in our care and not forgotten on the streets.

To all of you wishing her and us luck, thanks!

I too have taken in abandoned kitties. We have some feral cats in the neighborhood that sometimes abandon their babies. Some have lived and some didn't. Even when you have only had them a short time, it's amazing how attached you get to them. I cried buckets the first time I lost orphan kitties. It was 2 at literally the same moment - They must have gone together. I am so sorry that your little baby didn't make it.

The fact that you shared all this from the start made Shadow's life a part of ours. From just across town to all the way to the other side of the globe, little Shadow has touched us all and our thoughts go to her and to you. Though short, her life touched many and the memories will live forever..................

Thanks to all of you for being supportive in regards to losing Shadow. I guess it's my first loss amongst rescued animals and that makes it difficult to accept.

:( :sad anim:

photogoddess said:
I too have taken in abandoned kitties. We have some feral cats in the neighborhood that sometimes abandon their babies. Some have lived and some didn't. Even when you have only had them a short time, it's amazing how attached you get to them. I cried buckets the first time I lost orphan kitties. It was 2 at literally the same moment - They must have gone together. I am so sorry that your little baby didn't make it.

That's exactly what happened to Shadow. Abandoned by a feral cat in front of my wife's office. And yes, I got really attached to the little bugger, couldn't stop my tears when it died in my hands.

Oh well, Shadow is in a better place now.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! :cry: You get mad props and many hugs for your valiant efforts, no matter what the outcome. :hug: The little one died with a full belly and was warm and cared for, not starving and cold. Your act of kindness will still come back to you many times over, Mitica. That's how it works. I know that isn't the point here, I'm just saying. You know?? :love:

remember something important dude, and this has sustained me through many long nights, ...God needed your kitten more than you.

all will be well my friend

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back