What's new

Light at the end of the tunnel

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
799
Reaction score
2
Location
Battle Creek, MI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot this one last week, made some prints tonight. The scan doesn't do the actual print justice. The blacks are honestly and truely rich and even....and don't have the dusty look that my scanner gives them ;)

photo046a.jpg



And before someone says something about cropping, I blew it up and cropped out some of the sides as well and made a vertical out of it.

photo047a.jpg



I kinda like the first one. The darkness of the tunnel conveys a certain lonliness, I think.
 
I like the shot and think you got something there as far as mood or a feel to it. The tree or post further up the path though, it's cutting a line through the photo with the girl's leg.

I sort of did the same thing a few months ago shooting an ecotone for cal trans. I had a tall weed line up with a tree in the background and it made it look like I had folded the print before scanning it.
 
I noticed that. But, it isn't coming striaght out, more off kiltered...I can deal with that.

I had the subject walk up and down the tunnel while I shot. While I was reviewing the negs and contact sheet, I wasn't really looking at the subject matter beyond the tunnel, I was looking for the right silhouette.

I'm going to go back out and shoot this one again with my Kiev in 6x6. I'll do color and B&W.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom