light bulbs?

blooper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i have a cheap light kit that uses these 500 watt candecent(?) bulbs. theyre pretty much like regular house bulbs with higher wattage and a longer base. my concern is that i might have to have some spare bulbs in case one of them go out while i shoot and i dont know where to get these. i checked my local home depot and i didnt have any luck. and i looked online for a few websites but im not too confident that i know what im looking for. ive seen some sites that sell them for 20-30 a bulb and some that sell them for 5-10. so if anyone has some advice they can throw my way, id greatly appreciate it.

your lamps (that's what snooty lighting people call "bulbs") should be marked at the very least with voltage and wattage information, and probably a 3 letter ANSI code. The ANSI code will cover type, size, base, wattage, etc. and you can use that to order from any professional lighting supplier.

Oh, and the word you're looking for is "incandescent" :)

morydd said:
Oh, and the word you're looking for is "incandescent" :)

lol.. oh yea.. i knew that. i was just posting before i left the house. didnt have the effort to try to remember.

thanks. but are there any local walk-in stores that would carry these kinds of bulbs? im kinda discouraged by the online ordering(im a credit fraud victim). but if i have to, i guess i will.

Most reactions

Back