Light of the World

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first shot in my new series The Jesus Project. Get more info about it here

885072433_yvWEJ-L.png

Shot with all natural light. My tripod was a bail of hay set on a 10 second timer. Edited in Lightroom

I see what you're trying for here. I am not a huge fan of how blown out it is, even though that was what you were trying for. Maybe rays of light would have been more appealing to the eye? If you leave it this way I would try to increase the saturation and draw a few more colors out; the reds, yellows of the hay. Also your hair and eyes in the picture are blurred, blinking?? Whatever it is, it is blurry.

I would have liked to have seen more of your face. The collar on your pull-over fleece causes lost contact with the viewer, thus lost feeling/emotion. What I am seeing is that you found an interesting critter in the hay stack, or you're looking for a needle in a hay stack. If you go with Ryan L's suggestion to add rays of light (which would give the viewer that sense of God shining upon you), I think you would have yourself exactly what you were shooting for (pun intended).

thanks for the comments guys, i have no idea how to add rays...

this would look good in b&w....here is my edit to show what i mean....i just converted it then jacked up the contrast then placed a lens flare on it.

boy.jpg

I am not fond of the edit, but I agree the original photo needs some work to make it work. Maybe a reshoot when the light you have is similar or maybe is lower and you work on some different angles..subtle as they may be.

Maybe some additional lighting from behind and towards your left bouncing off of the front wall in the barn.

I think I would try to take this in "the golden hour". The first and last hour of sunlight. The light tends to be a golden color (hence the name) and can make some beautiful shots.

i like the idea of the BW..i actually played around with that before finally deciding on the one I posted...

i really appreciate all of your comments

Most reactions

Back