What's new

Light Painting

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
365
Location
Just outside Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The barn was lit with only a small pocket flashlight. The red glow is not sunset or sunrise but the light pollution from a small far off town.

skzu6s.jpg
 
I want more details on how you did this... I love the final result!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
Not much to tell about this. The camera shutter speed was 30 seconds. ISO 800. I moved the flashlight over the barn while the shutter was open.
 
Not much to tell about this. The camera shutter speed was 30 seconds. ISO 800. I moved the flashlight over the barn while the shutter was open.

Nice. I tried light painting for the first time the other night and couldn't get ANYTHING unless I had the aperture wide open (2.8), and then not much (30 second exposure). What aperture setting did you use? Ooops, I had ISO at 100 so I guess that was part of the problem.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
You can check the EXIF data for any particulars about the pic. It was only 1 long exposure shot so the data is still attached.
 
You can check the EXIF data for any particulars about the pic. It was only 1 long exposure shot so the data is still attached.

I don't get any data when I right click on photos on this site. What am I missing?

Were you in the field of view while "painting"? With a "small" flashlight it seems like you would have to have been.
 
Very neat.
 
I was behind the camera. It was very dark out since I was originally out to try to catch the stars. I was using the flashlight to check my camera settings. Then I decided to try to paint the barn. It doesnt take much light that accumulates with a 30 second exposure. Im still pretty surprised how things go. Im looking forward to trying this again. Just have to find the right composition. If you download the pic you can read the EXIF with Photoshop or Preview.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom