Light rays in the Enchanted Forest

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out shooting with a TPF buddy this Friday for just a few hours. This wonderful light existed a scant few minutes, and then it was...gone. I shot this with a Nikon with my 24mm f/2.8 AF-D prime lens. $_D3X5229_Afternoon Ground Fog Sept 28, 2012.jpg
As I learned today from 480Sparky in another post, these are called crepuscular rays.Crepuscular rays - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very nice, and thanks for the education as well.

Oh yum! That light is delicious! You captured it beautifully.

Did you by chance get any with more of the path in them? That gorgeous rich colour looks like it would offset the light beautifully as another take on it.

Lovely shot, Derrel!

Very nice Derrel. Them are some nice crepuscular rays.

Wonderful picture! And thanks for the lesson, I never knew.

Last edited:
Magical :thumbup:

Oh yum! That light is delicious! You captured it beautifully.

Did you by chance get any with more of the path in them? That gorgeous rich colour looks like it would offset the light beautifully as another take on it.

Hey, thanks everybody. Thanks for the back-pats and kind words--they make me feel like I'm pointing the lens in the right direction for once.
As far as more shots with the path, I actually went the OTHER direction in the very next frame, #5230, and swung the camera a wee bit more to the north, and totally eliminated the path, to try and convey a differnt feel. Same exposure, f/7.1 at 1/160 second.$_D3X5230_Sun Rays alternate.jpg With the path eliminated, this second photo has a subtly different "feel" to it I think.

I think I prefer the second one - not having the path makes a difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back