Light rays in the Enchanted Forest

Have to agree with Snowbear that the second shot is better although if the path had lined up more with he creptacular rays I think it would have added to the photo. It's still very cool in the first one but you're right Derrel there's a different feel to the second one.

My first reaction when I saw the second one was "hell yeah, this scene doesn't need a path!". But then I went back to the original image and realized that the path area is really not about the path but about the shadows. So it's #1 for me -- an image well deserving of a nomination.

Very lovely photos, Derrel. Opportunities like this don't come around every day, and having the skill and composure to capture the moment so beautifully is really something.

My first reaction when I saw the second one was "hell yeah, this scene doesn't need a path!". But then I went back to the original image and realized that the path area is really not about the path but about the shadows. So it's #1 for me -- an image well deserving of a nomination.

Thanks, Invisible, Buckster,Snowbear, and everybody else who's appreciated the pics. My thought on the first one with the path was to make it seem like the "viewer" was actually standing ON the path that goes through this wooded area...so, I included just a bit of path and hoped viewers would mentally, "feel" like they had been standing on that path. I did not want to include any more of the path because when I looked thru the finder and left in a lot of path, it seemed to lead the eye down the path and right out of the picture. In the second frame, I wanted to show the trees and the light, minus the path, in a different way. Maybe I should call the second shot The Path Not Taken? lol

I agree with invisible here. The shot really works well with the shadows on the path. I think this is definitely photo of the month material.

Great shot, Derrel. I also like the first one best because it creates more perspective and I like the "mirrored" effect on the path of the shadows. Very nice.

As an agnostic, I appreciate the term used 'crepuscular rays'. It will be in my vocabulary now instead of god rays.

Well done. Thanks for sharing.

I like the first shot with the shadows on the path. great capture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back