What's new

Light, shadows, windows, hallway

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
2,078
Reaction score
28
Location
Des Moines, Iowa
hallway2.jpg
 
Thanks, I like B&W and have my own darkroom so I do a lot of it.
The cause of the grain is that I shot Kodak Tri-x which is normally400 speed, at 800, and overdeveloped in the darkroom to compensate which gives that look.
 
nice shot, I really like the grain.

are you holding a zorki in your avatar.? ;)
 
Yep, it's another good-un! Like the tonal range, works really well as a contrasty B&W.

Rob
 
darin3200 said:
Thanks, I like B&W and have my own darkroom so I do a lot of it.
The cause of the grain is that I shot Kodak Tri-x which is normally400 speed, at 800, and overdeveloped in the darkroom to compensate which gives that look.

oh, I see .. I was hoping for a PS tip or something, but I guess I will have to stick to my dull style !! :-|

your pics are really good mate
 
Thanks you two!
Lucino: Just look for a PS tutorial that shows you how to add grain. Something really simple like putting a transparent layer above the picture layer, adding some noise to that layer, desaturated the noise, and select the filter to overlay so it blends in more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom