Light strails

I'll just improve the old fashion way. Practice.

That's the best response you've made in this thread. Practice on that also. You'll not likely get specific answers without specific questions. Likewise, you'll impede the potential for quality answers drastically with a piss poor attitude.

I'm not one to cherry coat anything for to me thats what FB is for as I said. You said image 1 that the whole scene is your subject which to me says ok he's trying for a landscape image .... therefore the street light & flare is distracting and not visually appealing. The wires & light trail lines are broken and aren't leading anywhere as well. What are you trying to capture ??? Think/plan is good advice that you knock ...why? Taking great images take work and teaching someone to "see" is very very hard. Juga told you straight up persist this way and you'll be ignored

The lines don't lead anywhere. Oh boy. The people on this forum over think photos way to much. It's a photo. As stated in my description I just grabbed it. I didn't sit around for hours thinking of a concept and back story to hope you guys would pick up.

I didn't knock that advice. I simply didn't understand what that meant. I could honestly give two ****s if the arrogant people who apparently do nothing but post on here hate me. If I'm ignored for being upset then good for you. There are plenty of other places and people I can get help from.

what the implication of that statement means, is that the power lines do not lead the eye to any prominent element in the photograph, NOT that the lines just go off into space.

as far as overthinking photos...
you are posting in a photography forum. the are quite a few professional photographers here, many very talented enthusiasts, and a mix of other people of varying skill levels and experience. The idea behind improving is that you go from just running out and snapping a picture, to being able to visualize the end product before you even frame up the camera. When people talk about preparation, what they are telling you to do is LOOK at what you are thinking of taking a picture of, and THINK about what you feel the end result should look like, what you want the subject to be, and what you want the picture to say about that subject. along with the technical skills involved, that is what makes the difference between a "snapshot" and a "photograph" (as a general rule)

what the implication of that statement means, is that the power lines do not lead the eye to any prominent element in the photograph, NOT that the lines just go off into space.

as far as overthinking photos...
you are posting in a photography forum. the are quite a few professional photographers here, many very talented enthusiasts, and a mix of other people of varying skill levels and experience. The idea behind improving is that you go from just running out and snapping a picture, to being able to visualize the end product before you even frame up the camera. When people talk about preparation, what they are telling you to do is LOOK at what you are thinking of taking a picture of, and THINK about what you feel the end result should look like, what you want the subject to be, and what you want the picture to say about that subject. along with the technical skills involved, that is what makes the difference between a "snapshot" and a "photograph" (as a general rule)

I get that. Most the time when I am taking photos I always try to envision what the photo will look like when I'm back at home. I think of these things before I take my photos. I don't just go out and point at something and snap. With these photos I knew I wanted light trails I knew I wanted the light pollution to be in the sky. However likewise I knew that that street light was gonna cause problems. I know I could have went down the road. That's why I like the second photo better. The light wasn't fully on and you can see movement in the sky and the trails. That's mainly what I wanted and I achieved it. Now is it the most interesting? No. I'm ok with that. I was mainly just experimenting with long exposure and my tripod.

As usual no tips on how to improve the shot. Just to "prepare" which doesn't give any insight to what that means.
You didn't ask for tips - or C&C.

You asked for opinion's.

These are shots I just went out front of my house and grabbed. I know most people will hate the street light but I kind of like the flair from it.

The second one has the light dim cause its always flickering off and on and during the exposure it was barely on.

Opinions?

Light Trails*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back