Lightbox Photos C&C

increasing the exposure around the lemon?

Used remask to separate the lemon and background, then used the level tool to make it "white"... Then made the lemon a little clearer, and flattened the image.

I have yet to learn everything about photoshop :p

when you open it, hit Ctrl J, it will make a duplicate layer. Then on the bottom layer, hit Ctrl L, it will bring up your levels tool. Use the white eyedropper and select the white background.
Then on your top layer, separate your lemon from the white background... I use this plug in Topaz ReMask - Masking Made Easy
Then you can adjust the lemon separately, once done flatten the image by right clicking the bottom image and hitting flatten.

Hmm... How do you know to do all this stuff?

trial and error.. If you open the menus in PS, they have the shortcut listed right there... So after a decent amount of time playing with it, you start to pick it all up.

Cool. Anyway I got the lights and paper so ill start shooting here after lunch. Ill post the shots soon enough.

Alright here we go.

This was taken with one overhead light.
DSC01438.jpg

This was taken with the overhead and a light on the right side.
DSC01441.jpg

This was taken with all three (One above, one on the right, and one on the left.)
DSC01447.jpg

And heres a couple picks of my so called "studio" if you guys have any suggestions on changing it.
DSC01448.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

Your light is cool, (higher Kelvin Number). Either that, or the surrounding on your side lights is giving off the tone.

Which bulbs did you pick up?

Aghh I just noticed my white balance was wrong on these. Phooey. Ill post some more soon.

Why did your exposure say the same for all three shots (1/13, F/9)?

Camera Make: SONY
Camera Model: DSC-H20
Image Date: 2010:01:09 13:20:50
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 6.3mm
Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100)
Aperture: f/3.5
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: 1.00
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Incandescent
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: program (Auto)
Exposure Mode: Manual
:er:

Im not sure. I guess i wasnt thinking about that. Ummm anyway heres the others with the corrected white balance.

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01460.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

Most reactions

Back