What's new

Lighthouse C&C

kandrewsvt

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Burlington, Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A picture of Portland Head Lighthouse, Please C&C Thanks!

15.jpg
 
I love the colors of it... but the horizon seems to be off and not level... maybe its just me but it look un-level to me
 
Thanks for the comment, I think your right the horizon does seem off, I think this one looks a little better.

lighthouse12.jpg
 
Haha I think you went a little too far with the rotation. I gave it a shot, I think it came out pretty straight.
Untitled-1-3.jpg
 
Very nice and a nice subject. I posted a few of Portland Head here somewhere a while back and I like yours better (now that your horizon is straight).
 
yeah I think I did go a little far with mine! the light tower didn't look quite straight.
 
Wonderful view and colours!
As for the composition, I think the lighthouse is too centered.
 
I agree about the crop maybe crop the lower rock out completely and some of the right side also.
Great shot I love lighthouses and the are hard to get level.
I think it would also look good in B&W
Troy
 
I love the colors and subject. I like a little something in the foreground to help show scale of how far away something is or just for framing. But using the feed back you received I cropped out the rock in the front. The nice thing about not printing so much anymore and displaying in digital frames, is the viability of creating cropping

Untitled-1-3LSS.jpg
 
Wonderful view and colours!
As for the composition, I think the lighthouse is too centered.

The rock at the bottom of the photo seems distracting. Plus it's not focused, so it becomes confusing. I would have raised the framing and capture more sky instead.
I was thinking the exact opposite. In his original shot I thought there was too much sky. If there were interesting cloud formations up there I could see the benefit of showing more sky, but since it's a clear sky I like the crop with less sky.

I also agree that the foreground is lacking something...but you can't really do anything about that unless you want to start planting some trees!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom