What's new

Lighthouse for C&C

luminous

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first photo here - On a rainy day, a single tiny lighthouse stands out in the Patapsco river.
$lighthouse3.webp
My thoughts on it:
- I like the high constrast in the clouds, but may have gone too far with it. I'm not sure. It looks too plain and gray one way, and too posterized the other.
- I wish the horizon was sharper, but the blur is from haze and distance, not focus. I can't see a way around it without a lot of photoshopping.
- The bird in the sky is distracting. I may remove it, or crop it out.
- I think the lighthouse steals all the attention. It is very eye catching, but then nothing leads the viewer around the rest of the picture. I'm not sure if that is a problem.
- The more I look at it, the more I think there is too much space at the right. I liked it at first.
 
please, please...stop ...leave something for us to point out too... :lol:

Please post a bigger image

...if you remove the light house the image is like beheaded :D

Overall i like this much :D
 
I agree about too much space on the right. It really takes away from the light house, as do the bridge and cranes. The contrasts are very good, though, especially the white band on the lighthouse. If you place the center of the lighthouse at the intersection of the left vertical and lower horizontal third you improve the composition measurably I don't know if you want to go to all the trouble to clone them out though. But I did for illustration purposes. ;)

$lighthouse.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom