Lighting and camera use info

Roberto12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everybody,im roberto,new to this forum.searching on google i found this website. Little about what i want help with. Im not a professional at all.just hobby based i learned a lot,first with photography and now going for filming. So my basic thing is that i have a hobby building scale cars. Its just a hobby what im doing for some time now but want to expand by going on youtube with my own channel.
After some searching and ideas i finally found some style what i really like but sadly enough im not so experienced to archieve this. So i hope to get some guidelines what to do. So some info what i have and what i want to archieve.so i found a style that i like on youtube.this is the style what i mean

-I will film with a phone(samsung s9+) dont have a camera yet maybe in the future.

- im using premiere pro.

-dont have any lighting just a small film light of yongnuo yn300

-want to build my own sooftbox with led bulb daylight version.

So basically my questions are for those experienced filmers here.
Is this guy using a softbox here?
If yes, could it be that its placed above the camera or on the side of his workplace.how come the backgrpund is dark, do you think hes working in a complete dark room with just softbox, i think the zoom thing what hes doing can be archieved in post processing with crop and zoom.
My budget is real tight thats why im trying to go with what i have for now.
I understand that this guy maybe using a fancy expensive camera with expensive lens,for me i understand that part.
I like the cinematic style of shooting what he does.
As for the background, does somebody know how to archieve that black-dark grey background,or is it lets say table color that is seen because of the camera been placed as overhead filming.
Sprry if i have some crazy questions but i want to archieve this.
I want to be sure what to buy before spending money on the wrong stuffs.
So please can somebody give me some guidelines and information with this situation.
Thanks all.

Gr roberto

[QUOTE="

-I will film with a phone(samsung s9+) dont have a camera yet maybe in the future.

- im using premiere pro.

-dont have any lighting just a small film light of yongnuo yn300

-want to build my own sooftbox with led bulb daylight version.

So basically my questions are for those experienced filmers here.
Is this guy using a softbox here?
If yes, could it be that its placed above the camera or on the side of his workplace.how come the backgrpund is dark, do you think hes working in a complete dark room with just softbox, i think the zoom thing what hes doing can be archieved in post processing with crop and zoom.
My budget is real tight thats why im trying to go with what i have for now.
I understand that this guy maybe using a fancy expensive camera with expensive lens,for me i understand that part.
I like the cinematic style of shooting what he does.
As for the background, does somebody know how to achieve that black-dark grey background, or is it lets say table color that is seen because of the camera been placed as overhead filming.
Sorry if i have some crazy questions but i want to achieve this.

Gr roberto[/QUOTE]

Yes it side lighted. You can see that from the shadows produced and with a softbox probably because the lights are even and soft without any harsh spots.

I am not into video but I am using the CPFlash 550W. It is a very versatile tri-function flash, works great with an SLR (tested by me) , Smartphone (tested by me) and as a video effects light ( Not tested by me yet) . Here is a youtube video as a video light. It gives 30Watts continuous power in video mode, more than enough for most applications even in a softbox, and it has other video effects as well. :)

I have done some table top photography and dark backgrounds can be a problem
I use a sheet a2 of black mountboard
It removes the risk of wrinkles and marks often respond and are removed by a soft eraser
Soft box wise
Don’t laugh to much
I put toilet tissue in front of my light to soften it

John and katomi thanks for ur response guys. John as for the cp flash yess it could be an option but budget wise its gonna kill me. I will remember it, so in tbe future its an option,because its compact and great with a softbox i think.

Katomi, i made a small softbox of 30cm diameter with a 25 watt led bulb and a diffuser, will test that out and if the light is still harsh i can checkout the toilet tissue addition :) i dont mind as long as it works.but as you saw the youtube video, do you think it can be archieved with the stuffs i have at the moment. I bought a gorillapod for the smartphone and i have a yongnuo yn300 videolight also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back