Lighting and camera

matilde

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In taking passport pics, I have a shadow around the ears. What does one suggest to eliminate this shadow?

Also, we would like to start a small studio, what does one suggest to use for lighting. We have a Nikon P 80 but am looking at a Nikon D 7000. What is your suggestions.

i would recommend holding off on the studio thing until you've had more experience with a nicer camera

When taking pictures for passports, I simply use a white background and put my Speedlight behind the subject to light up the white background, and my 7D's built in flash to light up the subject. As I don't even have a studio or loads of fancy equipment, I find this a great way to get what I need. And best of all; No shadows! :)

In taking passport pics, I have a shadow around the ears. What does one suggest to eliminate this shadow?

Also, we would like to start a small studio, what does one suggest to use for lighting. We have a Nikon P 80 but am looking at a Nikon D 7000. What is your suggestions.

Eaxample photos?

3 lights, most likely monolights for ease of use. At least a grid, large umbrella, and snoot for modifiers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back