What's new

Lighting and Portraits

damonb

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Location
Earth
An admitted weakness of mine, because I am an amateur that doesn't shoot as often as I would like , surrounds two particular areas of photography: Lighting (Flash) and Portraits. Are there any solid resources (blogs, etc.) or books community members would recommend on these topics?
 
Thanks. I've heard of Strobist before & will check it out.
 
Light: Science and Magic. An Introduction To Photographic Lighting. By Fil Hunter. The basic photographic lighting primer.

The first 1/2 is about general lighting the 2nd half deals with portrait lighting.
 
They key to good portraits, is good lighting.
 
The minimalist approach to location lighting the Strobist website promotes has it's pluses. Be aware, low cost isn't necessarily one of them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom