Lighting is Frustrating!

Hmm, that's pretty neat. I never thought a snoot would be effective on a speedlight. even a home-made one.

I have a JTL snoot that fits my J-160's, I rarely use it though. Used it for a christmas shoot (well actually 2 of them), and that's it.

I like the photos though, good job!

I got some flashes to use off camera. Crappy little mini ones. I'm assuming the only way to accomplish this is to have better flashes that i can adjust the power on? or have a black backdrop? Because when I turned off the lights completely and used the flash (as expected) it lit up the entire room. no black background...

so howd you do this?

I got some flashes to use off camera. Crappy little mini ones. I'm assuming the only way to accomplish this is to have better flashes that i can adjust the power on? or have a black backdrop? Because when I turned off the lights completely and used the flash (as expected) it lit up the entire room. no black background...

so howd you do this?
Can you adjust the power output of the flashes? If not you might be able to control the light by snooting the flash and then put some kind of diffuser on the end (white tracing paper, tissue paper).

Did you check out the Strobist web site yet?

Most reactions

Back