Lighting kits

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I found what I would like for a monolight to play with. The only problem is this hasn't been in stock for the last couple of months. Anybody know of anything of comparable price and features that might actually be available. I've seen a few no-name strobes on e-bay that seem to fit the bill at even lower prices but I can't find reviews anywhere that might tell me what the down/up sides to these lights may be you can see them here and here Any suggestions would be appreciated. I plan on buying as a kit but those are hidden in the depths of the search pages and these links show the features of the light I'm looking at.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd try to avoid these cheaper kits. They might be OK but for a little more, you can get something with a better name and reputation. Also, these cheaper ones look to be under powered, you might end up regretting them when you have to buy something better eventually.

How about THIS?

Same power as either of the kits I mentioned if I'm not mistaken.

Two of the links are for lights of 150 ws and 180 ws...but the first one looks to be 320 ws, the same as the B800.

I keep forgetting the beginner bee comes with the B800 yeah all the ones I'm looking at are 150-180ws strobes. The way I figure if I get a 150ws strobe and want to upgrade later it just means I now have a hair light and the money will be coming out of the bank for the main light after I'm done with the whole college thing.

I was kind of figuring on building my lighting kit one light at a time probably slightly less cost effective but it would mean the difference between getting a lighting kit or not. I was figuring a final kit would have something like 2-3 400-800ws strobes and 2-3 100-200ws strobes. The 400-800ws would be main lights later but the 100-200ws would do the job for now and be relegated to hair lights and background lights later on. I appreciate the feedback so far I would really like to know if anyone here had used the cheapo e-bay lights or any cheapo lights and could tell me what the drawbacks are. It seems you can't find reviews on cheapo brand lights unless they're the flashpoint lights from adorama which seem to actually be fairly highly regarded (for cheapo lights.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back