lighting position C&C

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
testing lighting with a friend
DSC_0632copy.jpg

Not bad for a beginner. This lighting is effective yet common. Try taking it to the next level. Add something you haven't seen or at least seen a lot. Try using a longer shutter speed and light paint the background from dramatic angles with a powerful flashlight.

Texas Photo Workshops |

Nice shot. The black shadow running down the middle of his face bothers me a bit...but that may be the effect you were after. I DO think the shoes on the floor and the table in the background should be removed. They take attention away from your model.

I like the texture on the face, but I also find the black shadow in the middle bothersome. I think it would work better if the lighting was asymmetric. Perhaps you can use a brighter light on one side than the other, or a gold reflector, or texture the shadow by shooting through a plant or something.

Interesting, reminds me of the Dave Hill effect, specially the upper part consisting of the face!

Nice shot. The black shadow running down the middle of his face bothers me a bit...but that may be the effect you were after. I DO think the shoes on the floor and the table in the background should be removed. They take attention away from your model.

Thanks. Yeah I wanted The shadow but I think I got it a little too much. I'll remove the items :)

Most reactions

Back