Lighting Resources

kirbym2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

Been plugging along for a while now, dabbling in a little of this, and a little of that. I've heard many say to stick to one field of photography, and enhance your skill set their (develop your own style). I'm just not there. I feel like I take okay pictures of a number of different subjects, but no GREAT pictures.

I'm thinking a lot of this comes down to lighting, and my lack of understanding. This leads to the point of my thread. I can google lighting, or lighting for photography, or natural light, (you get the idea). What I'm really looking for is a tried and true guide that can really break lighting down. I'm not looking at complex studio setups. Looking more for dealing and managing natural light, as well as working with a single speedlight to be used on or off camera. How tools like diffusers and reflectors come in to the equation, etc.

Any suggestions for recommended reading would be very welcome. I'm all for a resource that can describe, but also provide visual examples.

Thanks in advance!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks everyone... pages bookmarked, and looking at a couple of the books now. Hoping Santa can take a hint as I casually leave this thread open on the wife's computer. ;)

Appreciate the help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back