minicoop1985
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- Sep 3, 2013
- Messages
- 5,520
- Reaction score
- 1,866
- Location
- Appleton, WI
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
OK, here's the deal. I learned about snoots for flashes and continuous lighting, so I decided to see what can be done. I see some massive potential here, but I need a bit of your help. This is the first product of said snoot. I know, the olive oil bottle was a complete and utter flop (learning process), but what about the lighting on the grinders? How did I do there? What can I improve on next time? I appreciate your help, everyone.
Lighting study, from the side by longm1985, on Flickr
Lighting study, from the side by longm1985, on Flickr

Unless you don't wanna see it, that is. Then it works, of course. Didn't really think that through, but I have lots of reflective crap around here. Lots of different subjects. I have one idea in particular I want to try out (my wife's No. 4 Cartridge Kodak from like 1897 or so) and see what happens. Might work, might not. It has a variety of different surfaces, ranging from matte to polished brass, and could be a challenge. For the reflections/highlights, I might try a polarizer and see what happens.