Lighting up for the 4th

karissa

The Untitled
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I really like this picture but I can't explain it. I didn't think the composition was all that good and I was wondering what you thought. Am I the only one that has a silly attraction to this picture?

Flags.jpg

i like it :D
the shapes are great.
i think what makes the shot is the micro-scale lighting on the three flags (middle right). only one flag lit up per light
where is that? reminds me of a used car dealership or a boat, but i'd like to think it's someone's house

also, good job with exposing it properly! nice balance between the bulbs and the sky

hee hee, it's a simple one, yes, but I can see how you'd like it - it's all about the dark shapes against the sky, both the triangles and the criss-crossed straight lines. :D The string of lights is kinda cool, too.

You did all right! :wink:

StvShoop said:
i like it :D
the shapes are great.
i think what makes the shot is the micro-scale lighting on the three flags (middle right). only one flag lit up per light
where is that? reminds me of a used car dealership or a boat, but i'd like to think it's someone's house

also, good job with exposing it properly! nice balance between the bulbs and the sky

Thanks, specs are

Exposure 1/320 sec.
F/2.5

It was taken at my friends fireworks stand. He thought I was nuts. Oh well....

I was actually in a bad mood that day and being able to take pictures put me in a much better mood. *ahhh* It was so nice. Ok, thats it.. I'm officially :crazy:

Whoa!!! I agree that this shot is A1. Maybe "silly attraction" is a bad way to put it. I love details, or dare I say abstracts. Plus if someone says your nuts while taking the shot, you know it is going to be a keeper.

craig said:
Plus if someone says your nuts while taking the shot, you know it is going to be a keeper.
:lol: I love it! Thanks guys. So I'm not the only one. That means... you are all :crazy: 8)

Most reactions

Back