Lightning strike (looking for opinions and critique)

viper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new here, so I figured I'd say hi :) And I wanted to get some opinions on this lightning photo I took a few months ago with my Lumix FZ50. It was my first attempt at lightning photography.
mtsilightning.jpg

ISO 100, F/8, 60 seconds. I took a bunch of exposures but this was the only one in which the lightning was kind enough to strike when my shutter was open (most of them happened when the camera was processing lol.)
Anyway, I look forward to your opinions.

You lucky one!
First attempt, and that was already rewarded with a bolt of lightning!
I am envious!
I have so far never succeeded in capturing any - ever, at all!
Last time I tried, I had to rush into the cellar/basement of our house and try to protect it from getting flooded while the storm passed, the camera was set up and ready ... but no one was there to use it any more. And when the danger of getting the entire cellar flooded was faught, the storm had passed and there was no more lightning... hmph! ;)

Welcome to ThePhotoForum!

haha, oh what adventures one has when trying to photograph something. This was actually take in my living room, with the window open and all the lights in the house off. My camera was on a gorilapod tripod on a TV tray lol. I used the 2 second self-timer to ensure that there was no wobble. This was probably my 10th exposure, and I was just about done but my dad convinced me to take one more, and that was the one that got it done!

Most reactions

Back