Lightning Through The Clouds

Hickeydog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_8835.jpg

I know the streetlamp is quite distracting (and so is the flare)....:grumpy:

Sorry but nothing about this photo grabs me, and it has many technical and fundamental flaws. The white balance is off, the flare is just really really ugly, its kind of noisy and underexposed, there are a lot of distracting things going on around the edges of the frame such as the half tree and half hedge and the sign etc.

fokker pretty much nailed it

I know. It's just my first lightning picture of the year and I got really excited.

Sorry to be so negative about your picture. It's poorly composed, your choice of WB is way off, and as you alluted to, lens flare from the street lights can bee seen in several places

I think its neat. I haven't had an opportunity to capture any lightning yet so I'm a bit envious

Sorry to be so negative about your picture. It's poorly composed, your choice of WB is way off, and as you alluted to, lens flare from the street lights can bee seen in several places

How does one go about getting proper white balance when you have two different light sources, and they're on opposite ends of the "white balance" spectrum.

expose for the lightning....as far as i can remember lol....but thats hard to do. maybe the use of a gradient tool in LR could help the two different WBs

How does one go about getting proper white balance when you have two different light sources, and they're on opposite ends of the "white balance" spectrum.

I would go about it in Post Production, changing the WB to properly illuminate the lower portion, then re-work the sky. I do my editing with Nikon's Capture NX2 so I have several options available.

Most reactions

Back