Lightroom 2 - Are the american & british product different?

SteveEllis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys,

Was just thinking of buying lightroom 2, its £205 in the UK or $299 in the US. Based on the current conversion rate the US price works out at £160.

Does anyone know of any differences between to two versions?

If not I'll get the US version and save myself £45.

Cheers,
Steve.

Hey Guys,

Was just thinking of buying lightroom 2, its £205 in the UK or $299 in the US. Based on the current conversion rate the US price works out at £160.

Does anyone know of any differences between to two versions?

If not I'll get the US version and save myself £45.

Cheers,
Steve.

The American one fits nicely on your computers hard drive... the UK one is very heavy at 205 pounds.... you need extra space to store it...:lol:

I don't see any reason for the product to be different. Adobe is most likely just trying to scoop more in the UK. I think that's the way all photography related stuff goes doesn't it??

I would recommend Lightroom 2 to anyone - the develop module with the new features is amazing . . . . afraid the garden has suffered since I installed it! The tutorials are from the USA and nothing is different on the upgrade I purchased in the UK

I believe the UK version features "colour" management.

I think the only way the software would be different is if Lightroom somehow fell under ITAR, but I doubt that it does...
(It would have to have technology that cannot be exported (encryption, for example))

Last edited:
I would recommend Lightroom 2 to anyone - the develop module with the new features is amazing . . . . afraid the garden has suffered since I installed it! The tutorials are from the USA and nothing is different on the upgrade I purchased in the UK

The new adjustment brush is awesome, as is the new tone curves that allow you to pull the "Canon red" out of the shadows.

Back on topic: I don't see any reason why they would be different. They might not allow you to register a US version from the UK though.

I don't believe they are different. Adobe would not allow me to download the U.S. version because I live in Mexico.

Yes there is a huge difference. The UK version includes the Adobe equivalent of the Apple tax. That is sell it for a higher price and make it impossible to get an overseas version and people will happily pay it anyway.

I believe the UK version features "colour" management.

:ROFL: Thanks for that. I woke up today to a spot of comic genius. Sucks to be the US guys with their "color" management.

Mind you the Australian "colour" management must be even better than the British "colour" management since it comes to around 230pounds.

Most reactions

Back