Lightroom 2 Image migration

tommyqh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I'm currently using Lightroom2 to edit my raw (DNG) files. I just ran into a major problem. I thought when I edit the DNG files in LR, it would save my meta data automatically?

I recently got a new HDD and wanted to move all my work into that drive, but when I moved it, all my meta data edits are lost...I did this in windows explorer not through LR. Is that the problem? Is there anyway move it without losing my edits?

Another related problem, i'm working on my vacation pics (450 images) and I removed the ones that I already exported to a JPG. When I reimported some, the metadata edits are gone too.

Can someone help me fix these two issues.

Sounds like you moved the DNGs but not the XMP sidecar files, which would probably normally be hidden. See if you can "show hidden files" in the original directories, and see if the XMP files are there.

Sounds like you moved the DNGs but not the XMP sidecar files, which would probably normally be hidden. See if you can "show hidden files" in the original directories, and see if the XMP files are there.

i did the CTRL+S on the images and moved just the DNG. It's working now. this way I don't need to find & move the XMP files everywhere.

Most reactions

Back