Lightroom 3 on sale - fyi

Dang.. thanks for the heads up. I've been using the version 4 beta and am really starting to like it for batch processing. If I get this version 3, then that should make my eventual upgrade to the official version 4 way cheaper. (I hope)

I don't think Adobe has as an 'upgrade path' for Lightroom, like they do with Photoshop. You can't just buy LR3, then pay a cheaper price to upgrade to LR4.

Is it safe to say that LR4 is around the corner? I'd like to wait if that's the case.

The LR4 Beta is, I think, set to expire on March 31st....so I'd guess that the actual release of LR4 would be April 1st.

And I'd guess the price tag will probably be $299.

Agreed. I just didn't want to buy it and have the new version come out right after like I did last time :-(

There are some improvements in LR4, but it's not as if LR3 will become obsolete or useless.

I want 4 for the soft-proofing and such my 3 won't do

I don't think Adobe has as an 'upgrade path' for Lightroom, like they do with Photoshop. You can't just buy LR3, then pay a cheaper price to upgrade to LR4.

The upgrade should be 99$. So LR3 + upgrade would be cheaper with this special than the full 299$ LR4 on its own would cost.

Big Mike said:

They do.

The upgrade should be 99$. So LR3 + upgrade would be cheaper with this special than the full 299$ LR4 on its own would cost.
I stand corrected. Thanks.

So now I'm wondering if Adobe will have the upgrade available along with the release of LR4...and will LR3 still be available at this price, after March 31st?

I had been using the 30 day free trial of Lr 3. I went ahead and bought it today... Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back