Lightroom 4 - can't open in Elements 6

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To be fair its not that it can't but that it can't see Elements 6. This seems to have happened because I trialled elements 10 and then deleted it (didn't feel the need to invest and upgrade) and lightroom 4 would see and open in elements 10. But ever since it fails to see elements 6. So I'm wondering if there is a menu setting where I can manually say "here it is". I've found the one that lets my specify any external editing software, but I'd prefer for it to integrate and see elements 6.

You may have to manually set it up as a plug-in, internal editor. But try a few searches for your problem. I've been reading a lot today, about a glitch in LR4 full (not beta), that it's having trouble with the "Edit in..." command for a lot of people.

Hopefully a fix is on it's way soon.

Yeah I spotted that thread here as well and gave it a read. I think it might be a different problem and I think my own case might just be that elements 10 wiped over the adobe reference for elements 6 and removing 10 hasn't restored 6 to that - reinstalling might help though I'm unsure where the disk for it is at present (hence wanting to see if it can be fixed without a re-install)

Yeah I spotted that thread here as well and gave it a read. I think it might be a different problem and I think my own case might just be that elements 10 wiped over the adobe reference for elements 6 and removing 10 hasn't restored 6 to that - reinstalling might help though I'm unsure where the disk for it is at present (hence wanting to see if it can be fixed without a re-install)

Great excuse to upgrade from 6 =)

but the only thing 10 has is layermasks and I already got those in 6 ;)
But er -- I can't affords to either...... I was on ebay and --- things happened that were not directly my fault!!!!..kinda...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back