Lightroom 5 Public Beta

Downloading it now this will be my first lightroom experience so if I like it I might pick up LR5 when it drops :)

I just bought LR4 yesterday...

It's not much of a change from LR 4.

That's a shame. I heard the the spot removal is a ton better than lr4 also the perspective correction is pretty darn good. I came from lr3 so this is all awesome for me.

Yep. LR 4 was a big step up from LR 3

I went from LR 2 to LR 4.

I'll upgrade to CS 6 before I move up to LR 5, if I upgrade to LR 5.

I've been messing around with it and I love it so far! It is so simple to use I think I will definitely be picking this up for my photo editing software :)

I watched some CreativeLive.com today, as Lightroom expert Jared B. Platt demonstrated the various modules of LR, and also got into the LR 5 Beta and some of the features it has. Looks like it's an improvement over 4, but not the quantum advancement that 4 was....more of an evolution than a revolution, like the way 4 was.

I watched some CreativeLive.com today, as Lightroom expert Jared B. Platt demonstrated the various modules of LR, and also got into the LR 5 Beta and some of the features it has. Looks like it's an improvement over 4, but not the quantum advancement that 4 was....more of an evolution than a revolution, like the way 4 was.

Adobe is like that. you can almost skip 2-3 versions before something is worth buying. Befor ethe jump to 64 bit they hadn't really made much changes to photoshop besides gimmicks.

To be fair a lot of software is like that. Generation to generation the upgrades/advances are often minor and if you own the previous then the new is often really not all that interesting. You do get revolutions where there is a sudden big jump or where they expand the capabilities by adding a whole new direction/application to the setup. Otherwise skipping a generation often works well (The only downside is that with some software options you can endup suddenly having to relearn the interface after two rounds of shifted interface - although photoshop are good inthat they typically don't muck around with that too much - now other companies like Windows - GAH they love to change everything they can)

To be fair a lot of software is like that. Generation to generation the upgrades/advances are often minor and if you own the previous then the new is often really not all that interesting. You do get revolutions where there is a sudden big jump or where they expand the capabilities by adding a whole new direction/application to the setup. Otherwise skipping a generation often works well (The only downside is that with some software options you can endup suddenly having to relearn the interface after two rounds of shifted interface - although photoshop are good inthat they typically don't muck around with that too much - now other companies like Windows - GAH they love to change everything they can)

What I love is when software that runs hardware requires paid upgrades.

That's usually a lot cheaper than buying new hardware to get upgraded performance.

That or they build their anticipated software upgrade costs into the initial price of the hardware, so you wind up paying either way - now or later.

That's usually a lot cheaper than buying new hardware to get upgraded performance.

That or they build their anticipated software upgrade costs into the initial price of the hardware, so you wind up paying either way - now or later.

Oh I know, it is just a pain when a vendor surprises you with and huge bill for some new upgrade on some crappy hardware that you didn't even want to buy in the first place but were told to by superiors who have no idea that this solution is costing way more money in the long run than it would cost to change vendors and get a newer and better solution!!!

But I digress...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back