Lightroom 5 Public Beta

Does LR5 have a release date yet? I am definitely getting I love how easy it is to use!

No, but I would bet Adobe has a target date.

Feedback from the public Beta testing will be used to set the release date.

LR 4 was release for public Beta on 1/10/12 and was release for sale on 3/5/12, about 3 months later.

The gap between LR 3 and LR 4 release dates was 29 months and I'm surprised LR 5 beta is here just 13 months after LR 4's release, though the gap between LR 2 and LR 3 was 18 months.

Last edited:
So you're saying I probably have a good 3 months to play with this for free until I have to buy it? :) Sounds good to me

It's not much of a change from LR 4.

Sooo...are you implying, or suggesting, or merely pointing out that this new product represents yet another (in a long,long,long,long series) of incremental money-grubbing 'updates' from the people at Adobe $ys$tem$?

Or am I misunderstanding the need for yet another upgrade that's almost the same thing as the prior product?

Sooo...are you implying, or suggesting, or merely pointing out that this new product represents yet another (in a long,long,long,long series) of incremental money-grubbing 'updates' from the people at Adobe $ys$tem$?

Or am I misunderstanding the need for yet another upgrade that's almost the same thing as the prior product?

The worst is Internet Explorer. It's like spraying air freshener on dog feces.

Sure, it may smell a tiny bit better, but at the end of the day you still have a pile of crap.

I just watched a quick vid on LR5, it looks to have a content aware brush built in, SWEET. I'm going to give the beta a go.

Most reactions

Back