Lightroom 5 to be sold separate from CC

Jad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
johndoddato.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is on Adobes question and answer page. I am relieved to read this because I had an online chat with two Abode sales reps yesterday and I was told Lightroom 5 would not be offered outside of CC. Their information was apparently wrong.

Q: Will I be able to buy a boxed/perpetual version of Lightroom 5?

A: Lightroom 5 will be available for purchase as a perpetual software license, via electronic download from Adobe.com and authorized resellers. A boxed version of Lightroom 5 will be available from authorized resellers.

This was already mentioned in your other thread on the subject - the last page, I think.

I think this is important enough to merit its own post. Lightroom 5 is going to become the default software for a lot of people. Lightroom 4 was a revolution in highlight/shadow recovery; it was hailed, and I mean hailed, but the folks at The Luminous Landscape, for its amazing ability to bring back highlights and shadows that previously, would have had huge halos, or looked like crap, or required almost impossible masking. I know the Beta of LR 5 is available right now for free download and trial.

I think this is important enough to merit its own post. Lightroom 5 is going to become the default software for a lot of people. Lightroom 4 was a revolution in highlight/shadow recovery; it was hailed, and I mean hailed, but the folks at The Luminous Landscape, for its amazing ability to bring back highlights and shadows that previously, would have had huge halos, or looked like crap, or required almost impossible masking. I know the Beta of LR 5 is available right now for free download and trial.
I agree. LR is becoming the main editing tool for a lot of photographers that don't need to use PS that much. I am not a big fan of its cloning and healing tools though. Love the adjustment brush. LR5 has some good upgrades.

easily 95% of our pictures go through LR4 only. I can easily see us just updating LR and using our old CS5 or some other program for the little we need PS for. and if LR5 does better cloning and healing, It would make our need for PS even less.

For clarification on this whole Adobe PS issue, can somebody please confirm if my understanding is correct:

I currently own a full license for Adobe PS CS6. Am I right to understand that I will not be receiving any updates to this software unless I purchase a subscription to receive any and all updates?

WTF? Really?

For clarification on this whole Adobe PS issue, can somebody please confirm if my understanding is correct:

I currently own a full license for Adobe PS CS6. Am I right to understand that I will not be receiving any updates to this software unless I purchase a subscription to receive any and all updates?

WTF? Really?

It is my understanding that they will continue to support CS6 for current users without the subscription for an undetermined time.

Here is the question from the DPReview interview. 'What assurances can our readers have that Lightroom will not become a subscription-only option?[Bryan O'Neil Hughes] Lightroom is for photographers. And the Lightroom team is very aware of the reaction by photographers to Photoshop CC. We don't have plans to make Lightroom a subscription-only option but we do envision added functionality for CC members using Lightroom."

Very glad to hear this, I can live without PS but finding another LR replacement and getting used to it again would not of been good.

Most reactions

Back