Lightroom Back-Up? Need New Method.

Really, questions on a forum, how odd. It would seem the majority of posts are questions or someone in search of an opinion. An question is always simple when you know the answer.

k throw me a bloody bone here, I am just asking, as I have been searching with no luck, do I want to sync,mirror or backup? Everywhere I am looking I do not find the perfect way to avoid an error/deletion/corruption from my main drive being passed onto my backup drive by this or other programs. I am asking for help, as you already know the answer, I could find another forum but usually members here will gladly pass on knowledge without giving a guy who works damn hard an issue about not reading the help guide tonight, not lazy and not afraid to use the search function, just tired and want to get this **** running asap. I leave this with you, Traveler.

Clearly you must have been looking under your desk for the answers.
Here is the first help on-line page
On the left, under the topic, MY FIRST BACKUP, the first topic on the help page is 'Creating a Profile'.
and when you click on that you get the page to the right which answers your questions.

There are more decisions that it will walk you through but if you can read, you can do it.
There is also a FAQ section.

$my first backup.jpg$profile.jpg

Thanks for the help you have provided, I will no longer ask questions when your online, lesson learned. I am a little annoyed by the statement regarding me "complaining that nobody wants to be my mommy". This coming from a guy whining that he had to have some facial surgery and actually posting images on the forum looking for a little love from the community. Try open heart surgery and then complain about pain and cosmetic inconvenience. I was not trying to make this damn thread personal, The last thing I want, I was looking for help and you would think that with you having so many posts and the fact that you are a supporting member that you would set the bar a little higher. Lead by example, get over the fact that your having medical issues, we all do. Finally, stop being a crotchety old man, nobody like that. I honestly am a nice guy and I will tell you one thing, with your experience I would have loved to have tried to be friends. You have a hell of a lot to offer but you hand it out in ****ty packaging.

Last edited:
It was obvious to me from your questions that there are lots of things about backing up that you don't realize or haven't even considered yet.
If I set it up for you, then you would know nothing and, if it didn't do what you want, then it would be my fault.
I'm just not willing to hold your hand and walk you through the entire learning and decision process when that entire process has been done, in a very complete and friendly way, by the software developers.
I gave you a link to the software and to its extensive tutorial page.
When you say have searched and can't find it, it's obvious that isn't true.

It's been your mistake here.
If you had tried to set up the software, had issues, didn't understand, I would have been happy to help because you did your part.
As I have always done here.
But your response is to attack me personally in the open, for not giving you what you want when you want it.
You need to look in a mirror and reflect on your behavior.

alright, my apologies, I have tried now and something is not quite right. I am using mirror in syncback and have it set for a weekly run, every Sunday. I ran it first time last night and when I checked this morning, my source has more files than my backup? I can't seem to find the reason and am wondering if somebody may know what may have happened.
Thank-you

alright, my apologies, I have tried now and something is not quite right. I am using mirror in syncback and have it set for a weekly run, every Sunday. I ran it first time last night and when I checked this morning, my source has more files than my backup? I can't seem to find the reason and am wondering if somebody may know what may have happened.
Thank-you

I just wanted to add that my backup and source have an identical folder count, but I am missing 52 files from the mirror that was created. It is equivalent to 3GB. Not sure if that may help.

Thank you so much for the link, I found a bunch of leads to the issue but this is what I needed. It turns out it was files called thumbs.db. I re ran the program and all came out the same. Not sure how it disregarded the thumbs on the second round as I did not change any settings but it did. Thanks for the help.

The thumbs.db file is just a database that stores the little thumbnail previews in each folder. Even if you choose to not back it up (which is what I suggest), Windows will just automatically regenerate it when it needs. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back