Lightroom freezing in Develop module

curly

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am having problems with Lightroom freezing up and giving me a (Not Responding) message in the top of the window. It seems to do this when I go to the Develop module and start editing an image.

Anyone with this problem, and with a possible fix? This is on a Windows 8.1 machine.

I've had the same problem recently on my desktop PC running win7. It turned out that Windows had kindly upgraded my video driver for me. Reverting to the old video driver solved the problem.
If LR has worked ok in the past this problem has just appeared then see if reverting to an older video driver fixes it. If you have just started using LR and are encountering the problem then see if upgrading to the latest video driver fixes it. In any event the problem is likely to be caused by the video driver.

I have this problem as well with Lightroom CC on Windows 10. Its not every time, just some times. Some how it was using all 8 gigs of ram, so I'm going to get another 8 gigs of ram and see if that fixes the problem.

When I used Adobe After affects, it only used 6 gigs of ram. I can't believe Lightroom CC needs 16 gigs of ram. Haha.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried running the program as administrator and it seemed to help a bit, but only prolonged the onset of the program freeze. Haha

This is a new computer and first time using Lightroom on it, and I have the latest driver (released 7/15/2015), but I could try to revert to an older driver version to see if that helps. I have 16 gigs of RAM, so don't think that is the issue.

I had this same issue on Lightroom on my Mac before I switched to a PC.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried running the program as administrator and it seemed to help a bit, but only prolonged the onset of the program freeze. Haha

This is a new computer and first time using Lightroom on it, and I have the latest driver (released 7/15/2015), but I could try to revert to an older driver version to see if that helps. I have 16 gigs of RAM, so don't think that is the issue.

I had this same issue on Lightroom on my Mac before I switched to a PC.

Whats your camera raw cache set at? I set mine at 10 gigs and it fixed a lot of issues. Also how big is the catalog?

Most reactions

Back