Lightroom HDR Test - What do you think?

.............The question I asked in my first post was asking your thoughts about how lightroom processed HDR.

Interesting, but I don't see that question there.

.......... I want to see what you guys think of the results............

I see you inquiring about the results, not the process itself.

The exterior shot would look better if you took one shot exposed correctly between the second and third. You really didn't need HDR. The interior shot looks OK.

Your first shot needed an edge burn and a driveway burn. Your interior shot was too bland and too gray. The one with the large BBQ needed the neighboring roof burned down. The issue is creating HDR images that as KMH mentioned, which appear "life-like"...there's a tendency to avoid having ANY "black", or any "shadow". The biggest issue that makes unappealing HDR images is going TOO LIGHT on the blacks, and too light on the shadows, and also too light on the lower mid-tone values. Here are quick Lightroom tweaks that look better to me, but unfortunately, all were edited from already-processed 8-bit JPEGs. I made the Inside-Test file darker than you had it, by a fair degree.
exterior-Test_1904x-2.JPG

All 4 edges and the driveway were burned down with a big brush, very fast, and I gave more darkness to the shadow on the red-berry bush in the front yard.

Looking-In-Test_1904x-2.JPG

I burned the neighbor's roof down a bit here, and made the image a bit darker with the curves tool.

Inside-Test_1904x-2.JPG

I made this one significantly darker, to simulate what it might actually look like if peering inside from outside.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back