Lightroom Help Needed!

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need help! Lightroom has for reason decided to move the location of all the photos stored on my portable hard drive. The drive has two partitions, G: and H: with all the photos stored in H: drive. I have had no problems for the past month or so of using lightroom, the photos showing up fine from the hard drive in the library under the right directory.

Now, all these photos (about 50 folders, many with subfolders) are showing up in lightroom as being in the H: partition, but with the 'file missing' question mark on them. They are still physically located on the hard drive in G: drive, nothing has changed there but lightroom is being a dick about it and I have no idea why. It is highly frustrating! Help me please :hug::

it happened to me once but it was my drive letter that changed.
if you re-import them, will you loose your raw changes? im not sure

I had something similar recently when I was moving files around. Make sure your Lightroom 2 Catalog.lrcat is in the right location. Also make sure your external is connected and powered up.

Yep the external is connected fine - can view the files in windows explorer, it just seems to be a lightroom problem.

ghache - I'd be interested to know what will happen to raw changes and keywords etc if I have to re-import. I'm going to see if I can find an answer to that now.

Bump y0, still haven't figured this one out yet.

Did you try to close LR and then reopen it?
Try closing and opening the external as well.

Sometimes these things get "clogged" and confused.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back